The Newburgh Kiwanis Club is part of a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. Membership is comprised of local business owners/employees, community residents and retirees dedicated to promoting the strength and good will of our community to help all children to grow up happy, healthy and successful. Our club is focused on the needs of children and youth in the City of Newburgh, Town of Newburgh, Town of New Windsor, Cornwall and New Paltz.
We are pleased to offer a Continuing Education Award to members of the Area High Schools and members of the SUNY New Paltz Circle K. Precedence will be given to NFA and Cornwall Key Club Members should they apply, but all applicants are welcome. A Continuing Education Award will be granted based upon the applicant’s record of service within the community or club, recommendations of support, future plans and the impression conveyed in the written essay (as described on the attached application).
The award request must be submitted on the attached application form and must contain all information requested. It must be electronically e-mailed to email@example.com, with a signed, typed hard copy mailed to The Newburgh Kiwanis Club, P.O. Box 3161, Newburgh, NY 12550.
Criteria and Requirements:
1. Applicant must be an active member of the school community.
2. Applicant must show a record of their commitment to provide community
service (attach a list of activities and volunteer services participated in
during high school and/or college years)
3. Applicant must indicate their field of study and college they are accepted at
and are planning to attend
4. Applicant must provide a list of any achievements and/or awards received
during high school and/or college years
5. Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation
(one must be from Key Club or Circle K advisor, other from teacher, guidance
counselor, clergy or community leader)
6. Award winners must attend a Newburgh Kiwanis Club lunch meeting to receive
their award (date to be determined)
Awards may be granted for academic needs:
1. For tuition expenses
2. For the purchase of books and related educational supplies
3. Personal needs to assist in applicant’s academic success
Download Application Kiwanis Continuing Education Award.pdf